The Only The Brave Village in Mali is part of a larger initiative: Millennium Promise. The vision is that extreme poverty, hunger, and preventable disease can be cut in half by 2015… and totally eradicated within our lifetime! In 2006, Jeffrey Sachs explained the basic approach to fulfilling this vision.
They provide the operational platform and resource mobilization for the Millennium Villages Project, which empowers communities to lift themselves out of extreme poverty. Our success in Mali is directly linked to their support!
- 20% increase in HIV testing for adults in the last 12 months
- 600 students will have the opportunity to continue their education in the new secondary school
- 17% reduction in malaria prevalence
- 20,000 people helped in village of Dioro
- $100 provides a student with school supplies for one year including desk, chair, pencils, notebook & book bag
- 1 health clinic has been restructured and piped water sytem and a solar electricity systems installed